Thursday 23 May 2013

How I Control My Oily Skin

Hi all,

I suffer from really oily skin particularly on my t - zone area. For years I have been looking for a solution which will control the oil my skin produces. I came across a product from Arbonne. If you haven't heard of Arbonne this is because they do not advertise, they have a very interesting business structure on how they sell their products. They believe that their products essentially 'do the talking' so no advertising is needed.

In the 3 tier structure of the beauty world Arbonne is classified as Swiss Formulation. The first tier is Drugstore Formulation, the second tier is Department Store formulation and finally the top tier is Swiss Formulation. So it really is the cream of the beauty crop!

The thing that really appealed for me to try this product is that it uses no harsh chemicals what so ever in the formulation and most importantly, it doesn't use mineral oil, its all botanical based! If you don't know what mineral oil is then you should! Mineral oil is basically a by-product of petrol that is used to bulk out beauty products. Now not to get too dramatic... but mineral oil has been linked to lots of nasties, such as for example causing premature ageing. Would you be shocked to know that the number one ingredient in Johnson's Baby Oil is mineral oil? 



Moving onto the product at hand. The product is the FC5 Deep Cleansing Mask. It contains glacial clay which really is natures gift to skin! Its packed with lots of goodies and has been used for centuries in many cultures as a healing and beauty product.

As the product is a mask this means you do not use it daily, I tend to use mine three times a week. The formula is thick as expected. The product does have micro-beads in them for exfoliating but I don't think they really add much to the mask itself and are not really necessary. You apply a thin layer and leave it on for ten minutes. It does say you may experience a mild tingling sensation, which I did, but it is not unpleasant. It does have a very delicate scent to it which is not over-whelming.

Once the mask is removed you can instantly see a difference in the clarity of your skin, it just looks brighter and more youthful. What I love about it is that it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry and parched like other masks have done in the past. It also provides a lovely cooling feeling so is fantastic on hot days. It makes my skin feel postively nourished! 













The only downside to the product is the price. Its going to set you back £29. To me this is an expensive treat in which I will only be asking for as a gift as I certainly cannot afford to buy it frequently. I do however want to try more of the FC5 range as it is designed specifically for younger skin! 





I hope you enjoyed reading this... I will be reviewing a few more Arbonne products in the coming days as they really are fantastic products that deliver great results! Please stay tuned!



Lollys Looks

No comments:

Post a Comment